For those wanting to come to Nicaragua
This is the following written by an expat in Nicaragua about her parents experience and flight to Nicaragua during the pandemic.
"My mum (European passport, non resident here) successfully arrived yesterday, thanks to the Aeromexico charter flight organized by Tour Caribbe agency. I’m sharing all details here in case it helps someone else.
- The repatriation flight organized for yesterday from Managua to Mexico, was also available for the Mexico to Managua sector (which I only found out about by calling the agency and enquiring about it).
- The agency organizing this flight was Tour Caribbe, S.A., the contact person is Daisy and her number is 505-8989-8927. The agency is located in Altamira.
- The cost was 580 USD, and payment had to be made in person, card payment was accepted. I don’t know if any other forms of payments are accepted. Just needed to present a copy of passport upon payment and ticket was issued on the spot. It included a 50 pound checked bag and a carry on.
- A negative PCR test was necessary taken no longer than 72hours prior to arrival in Nicaragua. It had to be sent to them in advance, and then presented at check in and once again upon arrival here.
- The flight was operated by Aeromexico and departed from the international airport. Checking was done in the regular area in terminal two.
- Flight departed right on time, and arrival procedures were done as with any commercial flight, all went very smooth. There were about 25 passengers on that flight as per my mum’s account. I do not have information for the other segment (Managua-Mexico) other than it was fully booked.
- This is the 3rd charter organized by Aeromexico/Tour Caribbe and all of them have departed on time. From Mexico you can fly to the US, Canada and a few places in Europe. For the Europeans el reading this. Mexico has no restrictions for European passports and you can enter the country or transfer as you need.
Daisy said they are planning another one for August 27th, you might want to give her a call!
I hope this helps someone as much as finally having my mother here has helped me 💗"
Photo by Byron Ortega